What Is My Political Ideology?

For my government class, we have been assigned to discuss our political beliefs and address how society affects politics through, none other than, a good 'ol blog! Normally when you think of politics, or at least when I think of it, I think of two parties only: the Democrats and the Republicans. But politics is so much more than just those two parties. You could share beliefs between both the Democratic and Republican parties, making you something completely different than what you may think you are. Political discussion has always been something I've avoided, mostly because I don't know much about it and because confrontation when it comes to differing opinions can be extremely scary. However, learning more about my political ideology helps understand why I believe the things I do, and my beliefs are nothing to be ashamed of.  


Before this project, I really had no idea what my political beliefs and ideology were. I felt like I was leaning more towards the Democratic party, but I didn't really know for sure. My entire class took a quiz that told us what our "political typology" is. It turned out that I am a Disaffected Democrat. So, I was correct in that I do lean more towards the left. Disaffected democrats are a majority-minority group and usually believe the economic system unfairly favors powerful interests and businesses make too much profit. Disaffected Democrats also believe that the government should do more to help the needy because they currently don't do enough to help them live a better life. Additionally, most acknowledge the fact that there are gaps between gender and race, believe immigrants strengthen this country, and that homosexuality should be accepted. I hope that during this project I am able to further explore my political typology and learn more about how politics is affected when it comes to certain aspects of our daily lives.



Comments